Monday, June 18, 2012

The Vintage Tea Party Book: A Complete Guide to Hosting your Perfect Tea Party


My girlfriends and I been talking about getting together for an afternoon tea party at one of our favorites parks here in town. Of course that was back in the Winter that we've talked about it. Then Spring came and it has been way too hot and humid - not such a good idea when your cubes of sugar and guest start melting on top of the table.  So I decided that Fall was a better choice to have an outdoor vintage tea party.

While browsing the internet I came across The Vintage Tea Party Book: A Complete Guide to Hosting your Perfect Party by the author Angel Adoree. When I read the content and description of the book I immediately loved it! Then when I read the many great reviews about it that sealed it for me!

Book Description:

The Vintage Tea Party Book embraces the style and class of the trendy London Vintage scene and illustrates how to beautifully recreate the tasty treats and classic styles at home.

Angel Adoree cordially invites you to accompany her on a journey to create your perfect vintage tea party. Expect glamour, roses, rabbits, headscarves, foxes, teapots, crows, parlour games, cake stands, hair and make-up tips and, not forgetting, humongous amounts of delightful tea party food that is fit for the Queen of England, and easy enough for you to make.

This is the opening introduction to the contents of the book:

"Welcome to the Vintage Tea Party Book. You are about to embark on an imaginative journey to create your perfect tea party. The pages ahead of you capture my passion and fantasy for all things vintage and I feel incredibly blessed that I've been given the opportunity to share this with you."

The following are some of it's beautiful pages:














I am totally excited about this book! I can't wait to get my own copy! By the way Lola London is giving a giveaway a copy of, you guess it, The Vintage Tea Party Book! And she is shipping it worldwide! Why don't you hop to her blog and give her a friendly visit.



Copyright © 2008-2012. Time Warp Wives. A Retrotimes Productions Website. All Rights Reserved. Research Information: Amazon and Lola London.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks awesome! I am definitely going to buy this book! Thank you so much for sharing!

xoxox
Dolly
www.housewifery.com
www.dollydahl.com

Carmen Johnson said...

Hello Dolly,

Nice to hear from you! I always love a tea party with the girls. And this is that perfect book for that.

Lyric said...

Having recently been invited to my first Ladies Afternoon Tea I am interested in hosting my own later in the year if not next year. I am wondering though if I can do it on a modest budget and do it justice?

https://sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/ladies-afternoon-tea/

Cheers,

Lyric